Recent advances in photonics sensing technology: sensors, instrumentations, measurements and applications
Photonics sensors are gaining large acceptance for application in several branches of industry. These sensors allow the measurement of physical and chemical parameters employing a large number of working principles and configurations. Photonics sensing technology has good metrological properties, they offer the possibility to implement distributed sensors and they are immune to electromagnetic interferences. These features make photonics sensors an emerging solution for the monitoring of parameters of interest in harsh environments.
In recent years, there have been a number of exciting developments that promise to make significant improvements to photonics sensing field. The aim of this special session is to survey the current photonics sensors state-of-the-art, as well as to provide a forum for reporting some of the significant recent advances in this field.
Lastly, the proposed session can be an opportunity of interaction for researchers working on the characterization of photonics sensors and on the development of technology, methods and applications of photonics sensors.
Papers reporting about research related to the following topics are welcome:
- Photonics sensing technology in optics, optic fibers, optofluidics, plasmonics, Raman et al
- Photonics sensors from fundamentals properties and fabrication approaches to applications
- Photonics technology in specialty optical fibers
- Advanced photonics technology-based mechanical and physical sensors
- Advanced photonics technology-based biomedical, chemical and environmental sensors
- Integration and packaging of photonics sensors
- Performance of photonics sensing systems in real environments
- Effects of harsh environments on the performance of photonics sensing systems
- Specialized applications of photonics sensing in oil and gas industry, electric power system, aerospace missions, transport, civil structure, military defense, ocean exploration, biomedical detection, environmental monitoring and other areas
- Standardization efforts of photonics sensing technology for different industries and applications
Prof. Tongyu Liu, Laser Institute, Shandong Academy of Science, China
Invited Speaker Presentation Topic
Advances of Photonics Sensing Technology from Laboratories to the Fields
Organizers and Contact Information
Prof. Tuan Guo, Jinan University, China (email@example.com)
Prof. Yong Zhao, Northeastern University, China (firstname.lastname@example.org)