Deyona (Dee) Hays, P.E. is the Founder, President and CEO of Excellence Engineering, LLC. A dedicated and detail-oriented Electrical Engineer, Dee earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Kansas State University in the late 80’s, and is currently attending Harvard Business School where she will be graduating in 2017 with her OPM/MBA degree. Dee is a board certified Professional Engineer with licenses in over 30 states and maintains a model law status with the National Council.
Dee is an accomplished President and CEO and has received numerous awards and distinctions throughout
- 2017 - Named one of Oklahoma’s Most Admired CEO’s for 2017.
- 2016 and 2017 - Nominated for Oklahoma Women of Year and named one of “50 Making a Difference” by the Journal Record
- 2014 - Honored with the Enterprising Women of the Year Award by EW Magazine
Dee founded Excellence Engineering in 2001 while performing electrical, instrumentation and controls engineering for utilities and midstream facilities in the oil and gas sector. With growth of the company, Excellence Engineering, LLC diversified and has grown to a complete multi-discipline firm as well as added pipeline engineering, government services and most recently created American Veteran Solutions (AVS) to aid veterans in transitioning from deployment to employment in the civilian world. The company received
national certification as a Women’s Business Enterprise by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) in 2013 and is WOSB and HubZone certified by the US government in 2015.
Under Dee’s direction, Excellence Engineering has gained many awards and recognition including:
- Excellence Engineering has been listed on the American Express list of 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned businesses in the world in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Excellence Engineering was listed #285 on the prestigious Inc. 500 list for 2014, and has continued to be on the Inc. 5000 list for 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Excellence Engineering was nominated by the prestigious Oil and Gas Awards and was runner up as the Southwest Region’s Engineering Company of the year - 2014.
- Excellence Engineering was awarded #1 fastest growing privately held company in Tulsa by The Journal Record in 2014.
Dee is a member of the prestigious Women Presidents’ Organization, Women’s Business Council – Southwest, WBEA/South Texas and South, Society of Women Engineers, The National Society of Professional Engineers, the Oklahoma Society of Professional Engineers, the International Women’s Forum, the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying, the Society of American Military Engineers, Tulsa Regional STEM Alliance Advisory Board member, Go Red for Women for the Oklahoma Heart Association and an Enterprising Women Magazine Board member.
Preparing Industry for the Digital World We Live In
- A brief overview of how the “digital” age has impacted the oil and gas industry.
- The threats
- World threats
- How an attack would affect today’s midstream operations
- Thoughts on preparing for the future